For our client we are looking to recruit a Design Engineer Piping.
- Manage the various aspects of structural integrity of mechanical components related to ASME Section III code for the construction/operation of existing or new Nuclear power plants:
- Supervise all the calculations of the ASME III mechanical and piping components and including Class 1, 2 & 3 components
- Use and guide others in Finte-Elements Studies (SYSTUS, ANSYS or/and PIPESTRESS code) for thermal and pressure fatigue evaluation of mechanical and piping components with respect to ASME code
- Be familiar with the use of the ASME III code and able to lead others in its application
- Be aware of all the different analyses: mechanical, thermal and pressure transients applicable to Class 1 mechanical and piping components of each belgian nuclear units
- Help our Client to safety restart their nuclear units through fast and judicious justification for continuation in case of alteration of the structural integrity of an ASME componet
- Take charge of the invitation to tender, the technical and economical comparison between bids; the awaring of contracts, the review of external studies
- Conduct the technical and commercial follow up of the contracts, including interfaces management
- Write component technical specifications (performances, scope of supply and limits of supply definition, design requirements, applicable ASME III criteria to meet)
- Comply with and enforce compliance with the Health/Safety guidelines set out in the Project Safety Plan.
- Mechanical or Civil Engineer with several years of experience in structural analysis and design
- Experience in stress and fatigue analysis of pressure vessels (piping pumps, tanks, heat exchanges…)
- Experienced in general purpose Finite Element (FE) codes such as PipeStress, Beamstress, Ansys, Systus… for piping applications
- Good knowlegde of the mechanical properties of different steels and alloy steels used in this topic
- Several years experience in application of pressure vessel codes such as ASME III, ASME VIII, RCC-M, CODAP, DIN, KTA…
- Experienced in thermal fatigue (elastic or plastic) structural analysis and evaluation of the heat transfer coefficients in water, in steam…
- Experienced to evaluate by FE calculation stresses for static loads or dynamic loads, in case of linear or non-linear analysis
- Knowledge of nuclear domain and safety is considered as an asset
- Able to communicate in French or Dutch and English
- You will join an international group with the possibility to develop yourself professionally.
- You will have the possibility to work on projects for the most renowned companies.
- You can count on a competitive salary package.
Natasha Abrams, Bart Van Oevelen, Gitte Nietvelt, Lynn Bouton
+32 3 650 09 25