Our client is an international engineering company. In order to reinforce their project team in Germany, they are looking to recruit a Subcontract Administrator.
- You will follow the administration of the construction subcontracts at site.
- You will report to Home Office Coordinator of Subcontracts Administration and to the Construction Manager.
- You arrange meetings to instruct each Subcontractor on the procedures of administration (preparation of accounting, evaluation of extra works, interim and final payment certificates, etc.).
- You review in detail and approve the contractor’s interim payment certificates in accordance with the Project Construction Contracts Administration Procedure, get Construction Manager signature for confirmation of work executed and issue to subcontractors the authorizations for invoicing.
- You review, in particular for the “unit prices contracts”, the accounting submitted by Contractors checking in detail quantities, correct application of unit prices (to be in accordance with the contract price list, and contract requirements), correctness of all calculations (arithmetic’s).
- You will assure that extra works, claims, back charges, penalties and close out of the contract are performed / processed in accordance with the Project Procedure.
- You ensure that the final payment certificate contains all the documentation requested by the Subcontract Administration Procedure.
- You verify and check invoices.
- You prepare and issue, regularly, the “evaluation of the contract price summary” for each contract.
- You will prepare together with the Construction Manager the claims preliminary assessment and assist up to claims final settlement.
- You will be assisting the Construction Manager in resolving disputes (if any) with contractors, about contractor’s contractual obligations, and participate, as required to the site meetings with contractors.
- You check and ensure receipt of all contract documents from Home Office.
- You ensure receipt of copy of all drawings issued for construction to be kept, properly filed, for accounting records purposes.
- You ensure that all contract and accounting documents are properly filed and in auditable conditions.
- You will prepare and transmit to the Client the draft of contract amendments due to extra works, back charges, claims.
- You will prepare together with the Construction Manager the Performance Evaluation of all contractors, and ensure transmission to the Home Office Coordinator of Subcontract Administration.
- Assure performance of Construction Contracts Administration activities in accordance with the P.E.P. and issue, when appropriate, Quality Forms in accordance with the Q.M.S. instructions.
- You have obtained a degree as Civil/Mechanical/Electrical engineer.
- You have at least 5 years’ experience as Subcontract Administrator on large EPC(M) projects.
- Consolidated experience in the contract administration of Electrical and Instrument Works can be considered a plus.
- Fully proficient in accounting management necessary for verify the calculated quantity.
- You are fluent in English.
- You can work with Office suite.
- You are a communicator with leadership skills.
- You will join an international group with the possibility to develop yourself professionally.
- You will have the possibility to work on projects for the most renowned companies.
- You can count on a competitive salary package.
Natasha Abrams, Stéphanie Sissokho, Gitte Nietvelt en Steffi Van Beeck
+32 3 650 09 25