For our client we are looking to recruit a Technical Designer 3D/2D.
- Working in collaboration with the project engineer, the Senior Technical Designer is responsible for developing and drawing up diagrams, layouts, zoning plans (ATEX), working drawings, circuit diagrams, plans, piping designs, 3D designs, and P&IDs for all or a part of new and existing production installations, buildings, the electricity grid, plumbing, HVAC, and utilities ensuring that drawings are production ready in terms of cost and fit for purpose.
- You will use your professional expertise to support other departments within the company.
- Centralising, updating, and standardising diagrams, working drawings, plans, piping designs, and P&IDs
- Recording and making note of current situations and checking current diagrams, working drawings, plans, piping designs, and P&IDs
- Formulating design proposals for project engineers (2D and 3D)
- Developing technical diagrams and define detailed technical proposals, including proposals for changes, to working drawings, isometrics, and planning drawings in conformity with company, quality (GMP), and safety regulations
- Drawing up material lists
- Carrying out 2D and 3D modelling
- Drawing up new (partial) plans on the basis of sketches received from project and process engineers, among others
- Discussing developments, details, and choices with employees from other departments
- Acting as an internal and external contact person for the transmission of diagrams, working drawings, plans, piping designs, and P&IDs
- Carrying out various support activities:
- Providing expert support and participating in projects based on your specific professional expertise
- Drawing up and maintaining equipment lists
- You have at least a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent through experience. And at least 5 years of experience in a similar role.
- Extensive knowledge of AutoCAD, Plant-3D, and Navisworks
- Knowledge of Autodesk applications Inventor/AutoCAD MEP (& Revit)
- You are proficient in working with the MS Office Package
- Knowledge of EPLAN is a plus
- Thorough knowledge of current construction, mechanical, and piping standards
- Knowledge of HVAC and/or electrics is a plus
- Thorough knowledge of ASME BPE, DIN, and ANSI
- The ability to work autonomously and communicate effectively
- Strong administrative skills
- Sense of accuracy
- Structured, able to set priorities, and work punctually
- Proactive, alert (able to spot changes), and flexible
- Change-driven and results-oriented
- Excellent analytical and good communication skills
- Fluent in both spoken and written English, Dutch, and/or French
- Prior experience in a similar type of job in the pharmaceutical sector is an asset (knowledge of cGMP)
- You will join an international group with the possibility to develop yourself professionally.
- You will have the possibility to work on projects for the most renowned companies.
- You can count on a competitive salary package.
Natasha Abrams, Stéphanie Sissokho, Gitte Nietvelt en Steffi Van Beeck
+32 3 650 09 25